Thursday, January 24, 2013

Picky, Picky, Picky.....

My 5 year old is picky, that's just how he is. 

Or maybe he's just stubborn.....that sounds better.  My husband and I are trying to find ways to get our son to eat better or just eat what we do so that we aren't making 2 different dinners every night. 

As my mom used to say, "this isn't a restaurant".  Ha! I remember that so clearly.  For those of you who have kids, how do you get them to eat?  What do you fix?  Do they eat what you do?



2 comments:

Andi said...

He eats what I eat for the most part. I give him a couple of items that I know he'll eat (so I'm not making a whole meal), and a couple of items that are new or that are iffy. Seems to work out. He gets full enough, and I'm consistently confronting him with new things. Ahhh, balance. :)

Kristina said...

Thanks Andi! I love the idea of not making a meal but giving him a few things. I'll have to revisit the muffin tin meals again. He enjoyed that the last time :)