Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Midweek Morsels: Inspiration

You may have noticed, I've not been cooking a whole lot lately.  It happens to me every year when it starts to get warm outside.  I will just let my husband grill, it's to hot to cook in the house!  So, in order to get some inspiration for myself and maybe inspire a few others, I've made a list of my favorite go to blogs and what I like about them =)  Enjoy!




Comfort Food
  I am a lover of all things comfort; sweat pants, ponytails, kitty cats, and cheeseburgers. Both of these blogs are fantastic for finding an easy, no stress recipe for all sorts of comfort food.

Life as a Lofthouse - BBQ Chicken Calzones

Plain Chicken - Cadillac Burgers

Healthy Eats
Every once in awhile I do have the urge to eat healthy....just once in awhile  =) Gina's Skinny Taste blog has some of THE BEST recipes I've tasted.  I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that they are healthy and you don't feel bad eating them.  Yes, I Want Cake is a blog I stumbled upon and happen to really enjoy.  She writes about her life, healthy recipes, fitness, and her most adorable baby girl who eats tomatoes and spinach....really!  I love reading this one.

Gina's Skinny Taste - Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili

Yes, I Want Cake - Homemade Orange Julius

Dessert
I've never been a baker and honestly, I really don't eat sweets.  I'd take a bag of potato chips over a cupcake anyday.  But for some reason I've been recently obsessed with cupcakes.  They just seem to be the perfect size and they are fun to make...do you know how many colors can be made with icing? Your Cup of Cake has so many different cupcake recipes, it's so fun!
Your Cup of Cake - Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes

A Little Bit of Everything
Annie's Eats is another blog I just happened to find.  She makes everything from cookies to hummus and everything in between.  How Sweet It Is is a favorite go to of mine.  Sometimes I can't find the ingredients or it just seems to hard, but I make it anyway and I'm always glad I did.  She has some of the best recipes!  Who wouldn't want cake batter pancakes for breakfast?  And if you want something with bacon....this is definitely your girl =)

Annie's Eats - Mexican Lasagna

How Sweet It Is - Green Chili Chicken Burgers

No comments: