Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Midweek Morsels: Enchilada Quiche

Mexican food is my favorite! The spicier the better, I say!  I've been trying to make at least one Mexican meal a week to get my 4 year old some worldly cuisine experience LOL!!  I found a wonderful recipe from Leigh Anne at Your Home Based Mom, a wonderful recipe blog that I've followed for awhile now.  You won't believe the things she makes, it's truly delicious!  Don't miss her Perfect Lemon Cupcakes, it's how I found her...and boy were those good!!  This quiche was easy to make and yummy in our tummy!!  Ethan wouldn't eat it because "there are green things in it"  LOL!!  Apparently he could see the green chilies.  It wasn't very spicy, so I'll be trying to make it again for him!

Enchilada Quiche


Photo Credit
















Ingredients
1 refrigerated pie crust, softened
4 eggs
1 C half and half or milk
1  C chicken, diced or can used canned chicken breast in water
1 1/2 C broken tortilla chips
2 C Monterey Jack cheese,grated
1 C  Cheddar cheese, grated
1 C chunky salsa
1 4.5 oz. can of chopped green chilies
1/2 tsp salt
pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.  In a bowl mix whisk together the eggs until well blended.  Add in half and half.  Stir in chicken, chips, cheeses, salsa, green chilies and salt.
Pour into pie crust.  Sprinkle with pepper.  Bake 55-65 minutes or until crust is gold brown and knife inserted into the center comes out clean.  Let stand 10 minutes before serving.  Serve with sour cream and additional salsa if desired.

What's your favorite Mexican dish??

No comments: