Monday, February 20, 2012

All in Good Time....


All in Good Time:  When to Save, Stock Up, and Schedule Everything for Your Home
by Tara Kuczykowski & Mandi Ehman

320 pgs
January 3, 2012

Read: January 2012




"A few dollars wasted here, a few minutes lost there....it all adds up, and soon you're stretched thin, stressed out, and wishing you had more free time and financial resources for the important things, like your family -  and yourself.  We know - as busy moms with nine children between us, we've been there! It's time to get your house - and schedule - in order.  The secret to streamlining your life is in the timing:  knowing exactly when to do, buy, travel, or try...." ~Back of the book description

I entered a contest a few months ago to win this book.  I'm a big follower of Mandi Ehman and her site Life Your Way.  She has crafts, recipes, efficiency tips and more!  I love this book and it couldn't have come at a better time.  I'm in the middle of trying to come up with a plan to organize my house.  I feel like I'm living in utter chaos at moments, and this is a fantastic reference book to start with.  I  also want to start a little herb garden and there are good tips in here too!  For me, there will be more saving money and less wasted, more time saved and less wasted....I even expected to learn some new things along the way!

You know, I've had this post in draft mode since I finished reading through the book in January.  I couldn't figure out what I wanted to share with you, there are so many things!! But here are a few of my favorites that helped me immediately.....

Gardening Tips
  • When to find the best deals on gardening tools
  • Where to find the frost dates for your area
  • When it's best to harvest your crops

Tips and Tricks for:
  • Whiter Teeth
  • Cooking
  • Cleaning
  • Falling Asleep
  • Entertaining on short notice
  • Choosing the right bank
  • What prices to stock up on groceries

As I read, I also found some fantastic information.  I found a checklist for moving.  It starts 8 weeks before you move and goes all the way into what you should do after you move.  Not only is the information fantastic, but it's all in one place.  I don't need to go to a garden tip website and and do all the research on finding the best bank for me.  It's all in one place.  All the research has been done for me and compiled into one location for my convenience.  If you still aren't convinced, watch this video trailer, it's what convinced me!  When I entered the contest, I already had a copy preordered for my mom!


Thank you to Mandi Ehman for hosting the contest on Life Your Way that allowed me to obtain a copy of this fantastic book!



No comments: