Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Coraline
by Neil Gaiman

208 pgs

Published July 2002
Read January 2008


When I picked up Coraline, I was in the mood for light, quick, and fun. I got all three with this one. It sort of reminded me of The Nightmare Before Christmas. A young girl named Coraline (not Caroline) gets bored and "explores" a lot. In her very own apartment there is a door which is always locked. One day her mom opens it and it's all bricked up, but she forgets to lock it back. Coraline goes back and it is a doorway to the other part of the house which looks exactly like her apartment. Inside everything is like over on her side, only not like it at all. It contains a hint of magic and wonder.....I loved it!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you enjoyed this one. I definitely hope to read it one of these days. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to read this someday. How is Ethan doing? Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read this one for awhile. Maybe this year...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!!!